A small number of customer complaints as well as internal investigations identify the potential for some ZXP7 ribbons to be difficult to install on printers. The tight installation issue has been reported on both the blue Ribbon Take-up core and the purple Ribbon Supply core.
The root cause was found to be that the inside diameter of the blue Ribbon Take-up core and the purple Ribbon Supply core was undersized.
All ZXP Series 7 ribbons manufactured after June 1, 2017, and before Sept 20, 2017.
The impacted Ribbon P/Ns are 800077-xxxyy, where xxx identifies the ribbon type from -701 to -787, and yy represents the regional/customer code.
The ribbon manufactured date can be identified as follows:
Ribbon Box Label:
The Lot Code on the Individual Ribbon Box as shown below does not show the Manufactured Date. Please inquire back to our Zebra Customer Care team who will work with the Media Quality team to determine if the Lot Code is in the impacted ribbon lots.
- Customers that are experiencing tight installation of the blue Ribbon Take-up core should report this issue to Zebra Customer Care to get replacement cores (P/N P1009723 Blue or P1009723-001 Clear) to resolve their issue.
- The tight blue Ribbon Take-up core can be removed from the clear plastic leader of the ribbon roll, and the replacement Take-up core can be reattached to the leader with Scotch (or any adhesive-type) tape.
- The Zebra Media Quality team located in our Greenville, Wisconsin facility will have inventory of these replacement cores that can be sent to our impacted customers.
- Customers that are experiencing tight installation of the purple Ribbon Supply core should report this issue to Zebra Customer Care to get an RMA issued for the bad ribbons to be replaced.
- Replacement Supply cores will not be sent since the ribbon is wound on the purple Ribbon Supply core.
For more information, contact us at ServiceAdmins@racoindustries.com or call 800-218-5417.