De-activate Zebra CardStudio License
This function will allow you to de-activate the license on your computer. Use this process if you need to move the license to a different computer. If you de-activate your license, your application will go back to the unlicensed mode until you activate it again. You will need access to the Internet to de-activate the license.
To de-activate your license:
- Launch License Manager.
- Click the Internet De-activate icon.
- Type or paste your license number into the text box.
- Click the De-Activate button. An information dialog will appear stating whether or not the product was successfully de-activated. Your application is no longer licensed.
- Click the Ok button to close the Information dialog. License Manager automatically closes after the product is de-activated.
Note: If there was an error during activation, please verify that you have the correct license number and that your computer is connected to the Internet.
You can re-activate the same license number on your computer or on a different computer by running the Internet Activate feature of License Manager.
Export Zebra CardStudio License
The export license function can be used to de-activate the license on computers that are not connected to the Internet or Cannot use the Internet method of de-activation. Use this process if you need to move the license to a different computer. If you de-activate your license, your application will go back to the unlicensed mode until you activate it again.
You can reactivate the same license number on the same computer, or on a different one.
Note: This is a two-step process that requires using the self-service de-activation web page to complete the de-activation process.
- Launch License Manager.
- Click the Export License icon.
- Type or paste your License Number in the text box, if necessary.
- Click the Export License button. A confirmation dialog will appear.
- Click Yes to confirm and export your license. The Manual De-Activation Confirmation dialog will appear and an ExportCode.txt file will be generated in the My Documents folder. Your application is no longer licensed. The STATUS text box will show License returned to server.
- Click the View File button to view the de-activation certificate contained in the ExportCode.txt file. License Manager automatically closes. A text file will open displaying the de-activation certificate. The top line is the URL for the self-service de-activation web page. The next line is the de-activation certificate. You will need this number in the next step.
Complete the de-activation using one of the following methods:
METHOD 1: Use the self-service de-activation web page
- Using a computer with Internet access, go to the self-service de-activation web page using the URL shown in the ExportCode.txt file. The self-service de-activation web page will appear.
- Copy the de-activation certificate from the ExportCode.txt file and paste it into the text box on the web page.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the De-activate License button.
METHOD 2: Contact Technical Support
Call our Toll-free Service Hotline at 1-800-218-5417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with one of our Factory-Trained Technicians.