Gregg Anderson, Manager, Mobile Business Development at Psion, now a part of Motorola Solutions, was recently on a webinar where he presented the issues with using employee-owned smartphones in your business and what you need to consider before allowing their use in your organization. He talked about the importance of device durability, and deployment best practices.
As Mark said, successful Bring Your Own Device program starts with defining management policy framework that works for your organization. Here again are the important first steps to take when defining your BYOD policies.
- Clearly establish corporate use policy
- Ensuring mobile device/data security
- Managing and enforcing system access rights
- Continually manage deployment with the appropriate tools/ technology
- Evaluating BYOD and other corporate mobility projects
For more information about BYOD issues, contact a product specialist at 1-800-446-1991.