We want to inform you of an important voluntary product recall that impacts the power supply units (PSUs) manufactured by FSP Group between October 1, 2010 and December 2011 and were either sold as after-market kits or included with the sale of the following models of Zebra printers: G-Series (GK420D/T, GX420D/T, GX430D/T), GT Series (GT800, GT810, GT820, GT830), ZP455, HC100, P1XX Series (P100, P110, P120), and ZXP3.
The PSUs within this date range have been identified as potentially containing an improperly mixed phosphorus compound that is used in the flame retardant resin in the DC power supply connectors. This deficiency in the phosphorus based connector resin, when combined with moisture and humidity over time, can lead to overheating and a fire hazard. After independent testing, it has been confirmed that the issue is limited to a discreet batch of PSUs and is NOT associated with the actual Zebra-manufactured printer or AC power cord.
We take the safety of you and your employees seriously and Zebra will promptly replace all identified, affected PSUs manufactured between October 1, 2010 and December 2011 at no cost to you.
To confirm if you have an affected PSU please do the following:
- Confirm if your organization purchased any of the above identified models of Zebra printers manufactured by Zebra between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2012, or purchased any after-market PSU kits for these same printers.
- Find the date code located on the PSU brick with the associated printer(s):
- If the code falls in the ranges of 1039XX through 1052XX, or 1101XX through 1152XX, your PSU has been included in the voluntary PSU recall and should contact Zebra immediately for a replacement using the below instructions. We recommend that you disconnect/unplug your affected PSUs as soon as possible to prevent a safety issue.
Once you have identified that you have an affected PSU, unplug immediately and please:
- Visit www.zebra.com/power-supply-recall for information on how to initiate the PSU replacement process. Alternatively, you can email Zebra at PSUrecall@zebra.com or call at 1.800.658.3795 (US and Canada) or 1.972.893.1548 (International).
Please be prepared to provide the following information associated with each affected PSU:
- Your company name and contact information
- Shipping address
- Printer Serial Number(s) (S/N)
- PSU Date Code(s) (D/C)
To ensure the quickest shipments, please access and follow this URL for official country and postal codes for your address(es):
It is strongly recommended that you use the Zebra recall webpage, as it will provide you with a form to validate all information, select the appropriate replacement PSU and send your information directly to our recall team. However, if you have a large number of power supplies to replace, please contact the Zebra Call Center at one of the numbers above and they will assist you with the request process.
- As part of our replacement program, we require that you destroy the affected PSU as outlined below and email a picture showing proof of destruction. You’ll want to keep the A/C power cord to use with the replacement units.
- To destroy affected PSUs and provide proof of destruction:
- Disconnect the PSU “brick” from the A/C power cord and from the printer.
- Cut the DC cable with printer connector as close to the brick as possible (see the picture below).
- Take a picture of your brick(s), label side up, with the cable(s) cut off
- Email picture(s) of destroyed PSU(s) to PSUrecall@zebra.com with the following subject line: PSU Recall Proof of Destruction
- Include the following in the body of the email:
- Date codes(s) and quantity of the affected PSU(s)
- Your company’s name
- Location address(es) where the power supplies were used
- Contact information (optional)
- Recycle the destroyed PSU(s) and cable(s) in compliance with your local regulations. If you are not sure how or where to do this, contact the Reseller who sold you your equipment.
While Zebra did not directly manufacture the PSUs, they recognize their component-suppliers are an extension of Zebra and its channel partners and they are working diligently to rectify the issue in a manner that is least disruptive to our customers. Quality, both in product and customer care, is a top, shared priority for us and Zebra, and we are committed to protecting your safety. Zebra pledges to be transparent during this process, and in addition to the dedicated Zebra toll-free line and Zebra email address noted above, you can also find the FAQs about this recall at www.zebra.com/power-supply-recall.
We greatly appreciate your patience during this voluntary recall, and we thank you for your continued confidence in the products we sell. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Zebra directly with any further questions.